Friday, November 1, 2013

human sufforing

Today I am stuck with this idea of being crushed. The image of being physically crushed is scary, it makes you think of pain, being pinned against the ground., unable to move or breath. Suffocating. But being crushed is not allays a physical thing. I do believe that I am being crushed, not by a physical object, or blunt force. But instead by my own knowledge and understanding. Knowing what pain is, and having a vague idea of what suffering means is more weight than I can handle today. The saying “ignorance is bliss.” is more accurate then id ever like it to be. I wish I was unaware of what may cause pain, I wish I was unaware of other peoples struggles. Human suffering is a vast concept to grasp. With the knowledge of pain, and what it means to be in pain leaves us with a duty that none of us signed up for., and that duty is compassion. People who have experienced true human suffering know what its like to feel disparate For a way out. Most of us want to lead the person out of wherever they are in there pain. And sometimes its hard for us to handle. we know somebody who is in pain and want to fix it for them. But we can't because it is not our battle to fight. I do feel that I felt another persons pain. That, I believe is what compassion really is. And that in its self, is suffering. ~Allyson Sutphin

No comments:

Post a Comment